Thursday, January 27, 2011

An Open Letter To Dennis Kucinich

Dear Dennis,

I feel your pain.

Really.

I've bitten into food and discovered something amiss as well. But I manned up, unlike you. The thought never crossed my mind to sue over a cracked tooth, especially to the tune of $150,000.00. I am curious about several things. Since this dastardly event happened almost three years ago, why the wait? Who determined the value of a cracked tooth at $150,000.00? Have you always been a wimp?

Unlike many Americans you, as a Democratic U.S. member of Congress, have excellent health insurance. No doubt this was adequately covered and the cracked tooth was taken care of, because shit like this happens in real life. Olives have pits Dennis, and an occasional one can slip through in a sandwich, to wreak the apparent horror you went through when you bit into that sandwich wrap a few years ago.

Only self-entitled wimps would consider suing the restaurant over this. Now had the dentist mutilated your mouth repairing your tooth I may have seen a lawsuit as a viable option. Since you're suing the restaurant and not the dentist I'm assuming he did a bang up job of putting that fake smile all politicians possess back on your face.

Your suit contends that among the things you lost are significant pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment. What joy has been lost Dennis? What acts of enjoyment went missing in your life. I'm sorry to say some less than desirable acts come to mind here Dennis. Some of those acts, which perhaps you can no longer wrap your mouth around, are ones that I wish I wasn't wrapping my mind around. We'll just let it go at that Dennis.

Fair or not Dennis, democrats have a reputation for being soft on many issues. So thanks for confirming this in your own wimpy-ass fashion. I'm sure the state of Ohio is proud to have you serving their interests right now, as little as politicians seem to serve their constituents these days anyway.

In closing, should you ever consider a move to another state and want to represent them in Congress, I fervently wish to discourage you from a move to Wisconsin. We have enough of our own inadequate representatives in Congress as it is. We don't need to add a wimp into the mix.

Sincerely,

Just Plain Tired

Link to news article.

11 comments:

SY said...

hmmm interesting.. this is quite pathetic

Judy said...

I was astonished when I heard of this...things happen...what's the matter with the guy...another case of laying the expense with another party rather than taking responsibility yourself...sad...

JustRex said...

He was probably just lacking for media attention and going through withdrawal.

The Reckmonster said...

What a perfect role model. Democrats get "blamed" enough for supporting publicly funded programs (that some people DO abuse to no end). Maybe this dillhole was trying to say that since funding will get pulled on so many public programs, under the watchful eye of the republican-held congress, the only way to get your financial needs met now is to be sue happy. He's a sad specimen of a politician for EITHER party. He's just a sad specimen, period. Ugh.

Kev D. said...

If you can't trust a sandwich, who can you trust?

I don't really know the answer, but know for sure that you can't trust wienies like that in Congress.

Sara Strand said...

You know times are tough when dentist bills are THAT high. :) Seriously... who told him that he should sue? Maybe I should sue my son, who with his arrival, somehow messed my body up and I am unable to use painkillers and numbing agents. Because somehow.. the epidural for HIS birth screwed me up. So let's say I crack a tooth.. or get a crown (like last year) I'm at the mercy of dental procedures...with nothing. Hope to god that Advil does something because Novacaine doesn't work. So maybe I should sue Jackson at his 18th birthday. HA!

BB said...

So well said!!! Love this.

Dazee Dreamer said...

my husband broke his tooth on a olive pit in a pizza about 20 years ago. the pizza place did pay for the dental bill. but the amount you said this guy is suing for is wrong.

gaijinwife said...

Have no idea who Dennis is but he does indeed sound like a complete dickhead. Very well said and now I have a damn craving for a wrap. Where on earth am I going to find a wrap in the whop whops of Kunimi.

maddy said...

Cool and interesting blog. I really liked your blog.
Letter Templates

Mike Golch said...

I doubt that he will ever leave the Cleveland area.he has deep roots here.