Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why Yes, I Laughed, More Than Once


I freely admit to being easily amused at times. Perhaps more often than not. I also have a hard time feeling sorry for people who do silly and stupid things, then want compensated for it. In saying that, she probably does have grounds for a lawsuit in this incident though, just not based on her actions.

Walking and texting can be very complex, apparently. I wouldn't know because I don't text. This lady was so engrossed in her texting that she walked into a mall fountain and fell into said fountain. The most amusing part of this incident to me is the fact that she works in this mall and should probably have a good idea where the fountain is located.

The mall did fire the security officer responsible for the release of the footage so they acted properly here in my opinion.

Oddly enough this lady has also been charged with a crime herself, that pertains to her employment at the mall.  She was in court last Thursday due to being charged with theft in October of 2009. She's being charged with stealing a co-worker's credit card and charging approximately $5000.00 at two different local stores.

It's a crazy world, full of stupid and crazy people I guess.

7 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

That's for damn sure. I myself am glad that the security guard posted it. I needed something funny that day and there it was.

JustRex said...

You would think that criminals would want to stay out of the limelight as long as possible. Amazingly and amusingly enough, they often don't.

Ahhh.... the criminally stupid. My bread and butter.

Sara Strand said...

I loved watching her fall. And even though I get why the security guy was fired... I still would have high-fived him. I mean, come on, if it were me I know I'd be laughing, adding commentary and putting it on my YouTube. Granted, I'd be jobless but it'd kind of be fun anyways. :)

knancy said...

Actually, I think the streaker running into a clear PV wall was more hilarious (not that this wasn't). But his was funnier because there was no backlash regarding a legal suit (as far as I know). I guess he could have sued stating the dangers of invisible walls while running naked and trying to watch out for flopping objects.

gaijinwife said...

criminal offense aside I think she definitely has grounds for a lawsuit. People can't just post stuff on youtube like that. Surely breaks shitloads of privacy codes. Stupid woman - but fair play to her if she gets any money from suing the mall.

Kev D. said...

What they really need to do is put some starving sharks in there. Not only would it shave a few idiots off the planet, but it would stop kids from going in there and stealing all my wishes.

Gail said...

...so this law suit could pay for the lawyer in her theft charge and the restitution...great planning.