Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Twitter Trend Is Probably To Blame

Why I decided to wake up at 4:12 am is a mystery. What force of nature would cruelly interrupt a blissful slumber like that? Unfortunately once awakened, after getting more than 4 hours of sleep, I learned long ago not to fight it and to simply get up. I'm not going to fall back to sleep.

But there had to be a reason for this awakening.

Was it the euphoria of the Packer victory last night?

Nah. While the Packers are one of my favorite teams I'm not obsessed with sports.

Was it the fact that there are a few dishes sitting in the sink in need of washing?

Again, nah, that isn't anything extraordinary here. I think one bowl, a dinner plate, and two spoons in need of washing can't possibly be responsible. I just can't drum up any guilt for unwashed dishes.

Was it the fact that I may have consumed one too many diet Coke's prior to going to bed last night?

This may be closer to the truth, but again, not exactly something new. But definitely something to consider. But it just didn't feel right.

I fired up the computer and perused through the sports section. Nothing overly exciting happening there. I read a few financial pages, hoping boring crap like that would tire me out. Total failure for that thought process.

I glanced at Twitter and finally hit upon the reason for being awakened. One of the "Top Trends" listed was "RIP JUSTIN BIEBER."

I have to tell you euphoria set in.

Not that I wished the kid dead by any means. I knew it was a hoax without investigating it. But there was a great amount of amusement on my part to see little teeny bopper girls, who should be asleep themselves, all wrapped up in the trend.

But I looked at this as a win/win situation for me today.

One win would be if the kid was actually dead the mall would be empty of air-headed annoying teeny bopper girls today when I go to work. They'd all be sitting at home in their bedrooms staring blankly at their Justin Bieber posters crying their little eyes out.

The other win, which I'm sure Bieber would be more on board with, is that this hoax of a trend would still keep these little piss ant air-headed girls out of the mall as well today. I'm positive they'll stay on the computer venting their wrath about the cruelty of this hoax all day long.

Either way, it's a win for me. So Justin, dead or alive, have a restful and peaceful day. I'm hoping the same for myself.

8 comments:

JustRex said...

I got some bad news, bub. They are all going to be wandering through the mall madly texting on their cell phones about the cruel hoax.

Funny. I just had to add the word "texting" to my spell checker. Hey, at least "bullsnap" made it in first!

BB said...

I wish you a peaceful day at work too!

Sara Strand said...

I was at the Mall of America once when Justin Bieber was there. And let me tell you- I feared more for my life in that hour than I did the time the airplane I was in was making loud thumping noises. These girls mean business. I had a 12 year old push me really hard and say, "Out of my way, bitch!". A 12 YEAR OLD. Scary stuff.

Gail said...

I, in my ignorance, have no idea who this is but I hope the end result is a peaceful day for you.

Simon said...

There was also a #RIPNelsonMandela trend, when I saw this I was like, "Not Funny How dare they" but when I saw #RIPJustinBieber I laughed my tits off.

Dazee Dreamer said...

I'm going to blame it on the fact that you haven't had useless co-worker. and hey, doesn't new co-worker start like tomorrow?

kimmyschemy said...

that's really bad.. hope you have a good night sleep tonight, lol!

Mrs Midnite said...

I can just imagine the teenage anger this is causing, amused! My cousin gets so wound up if you have a go a her poppy favourites, hours of entertainment!