Monday, November 15, 2010

Guess Who's Looking For A Job

There's a saying that all good things must come to an end.

That was brought home "with a vengeance" yesterday for me.

There are probably many of you sitting there reading this and saying to yourselves, "No surprise to me."

I've posted many different times about this situation here. Many of you have read along with the tales spun here and have had to think, "How does this person manage to tie their shoes correctly, let alone keep a job with their stupidity displayed so often."

You may have even thought with the last post written here that that has to be the icing on the cake. This person has just gone too far, and needs to be unemployed, maybe even institutionalized.

I shudder to even contemplate the process to find new employment, especially this time of year. For one, it's getting cold out there. I'd hate the thought of running around in the cold begging for a job, or maybe even begging to keep/get my old job back.

(Because yes, there was begging involved, even some tears.)

Thank God, I'm not writing about myself here though.

(Although I'm wondering how many comments I'll be receiving consoling me on the loss of a job by people who skim through here and have failed to read this far.

And seriously,

I'm awesome at my job, despite the fact I can't tie my shoes, and the need to be institutionalized.)

The (ex) Worthless Co-Worker is back in town after quitting here a little more than two weeks ago.

After selling off most of her worldly possessions and running off to New Mexico to be with her "spiritual husband" she's slunk her way back into town, perhaps a little wiser in the way of the world. Perhaps, being the key word here. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one though. She is incredibly stupid.

Apparently "Mr. Wonderful" isn't so wonderful after all. So she's back in town, broke, which isn't new frankly, and homeless, somewhat anyway. She's staying with a sister apparently.

She popped into the store yesterday afternoon with her tale of woe. We were busy so I didn't catch all of it myself. The boss was the recipient of her rambling story of her life over the last couple of weeks. She's a crazy bitch, that one.

She figured since she's "only" been gone for two weeks she should get her job back. In her opinion we should, or the company rather, just consider the last two weeks as vacation time. She feels she should be allowed to just pick up where she left off basically.

When this delusional thought of hers was debunked by the boss the tears flowed freely. There were two of us crying actually. One with utter despair, mine with laughter. Her inability to grasp reality was just too much. I did manage to wait until after she left to display my tears though. I'm not a totally heartless bastard after all.

Naturally, there's a moral to this story. Maybe, just maybe, a woman shouldn't run off halfway across the country with plans to marry a guy they've never actually met in person. It's certainly something most people would think would be wise. Oddly enough, I can see her doing this again though. She's not "most people" in any sense of the word(s). She is actually that stupid to repeat this again, as far as I can see.

So while she's not coming back here to work, I did implore her to keep in touch. She's handy for blog fodder after all.  

29 comments:

Liz Mays said...

You are a tricky one! But, I can't believe it only took two weeks. I expected a few months!

Gail said...

Can't help but feel a little sorry for her...it's in the breeding.

The Blogger Formerly Known As said...

Oh, I wish your company had have taken her back. I’ve been missing her :)
The enigmatic, masked blogger

JY69 said...

Those kind of people are contagious... can't work / live WITH them...can't really work / live without them. Well you can...but it's super boring!

Gaijin Wife said...

Are you serious? She's back? Silly woman. She obviously isn't any more spiritually enlightened than when she left. Do agree though. Good blog fodder.

Anonymous said...

Any one want to bet the boss will give her a nice recommendation, and she'll be working in the mall in a diff store before Thanksgiving?

The Cute One said...

Oh man, who DIDN'T see this coming? I kinda feel bad for the kid.

Dazee Dreamer said...

Don't you ever do that to me again. Honestly, my heart was breaking for you. You are a naughty naughty man.!!

We should all come out with a big ole, I TOLD YOU SO. It would be heard across the world.

Just Plain Tired said...

blueviolet -- I figured it would have taken a bit longer myself, or she'd end up dead.

Gail -- Yup.

TBFKA -- Well, from a blogging standpoint I can't disagree. ;)

JY -- I'm waiting anxiously for the next hire. With the applicants we've been getting, if the boss breaks down and hires one of them, the fun will begin anew.

Gaijin Wife -- She's baaaack. (in town at least) ;)

Another Day of Crazy -- Now that would be something, almost acceptable, for blogging purposes anyway. ;)

FallDown Girl -- Definitely didn't need a crystal ball here either. ;)

Dazee Dreamer -- Sorry, kind of. ;)

Sara Strand said...

So what happened??? I say you press your boss for details on what went wrong in New Mexico! :)

Just Plain Tired said...

Smart Ass Sara -- I'm sure I'll hear more about their conversation when I head in to work this afternoon. We were just too busy yesterday to talk about it much.

Becky Mochaface said...

Man, I'll miss her. Keeping my fingers crossed she's crazy enough to actually keep in touch.

Just Plain Tired said...

Becky Mochaface -- Same here. ;)

JustRex said...

Hey, at least she didn't end up dead. I figured she would. Or missing forever. Don't wish that on her even if she is a brain dead twit. On the other hand, I do believe she needs to be sterilized so she never reproduces.

Miss Melicious said...

Well I did think she'd be back, just not this soon! And although I'm sure that you are relieved she won't be returning to work with you, I hope she gets a job in a store close to yours in the mall so we can keep hearing stories about her!

KLZ said...

So what happened? He just finally said "Hey, you're kind of crazy." and she took offense?

Really, I want to know, how DID the other shoe drop? And how did she afford to move back?

Just Plain Tired said...

darev205 -- That being alive still is a plus. You never know with the number of crazy ass people out there.

Miss Melicious -- I'm not sure anyone would hire her at the mall. Her reputation is pretty well known there.

KLZ -- Patience! I wasn't able to talk to her much, or the boss yesterday. We were slammed with business. I'm guessing I'll get more details today when I go to work later. And naturally, they'll be posted. :)

Jackie said...

okay my first time to stop and leave a comment. But, I have been reading when I drop in!

I read all posts that are written about personal stuff. I don't read the money and finance blogs.

Now, here I am, and I have been reading and you leave us with a cliff hanger.

I hope you do find out more about her plight!

Jackie

Julie said...

What a riot....poor thing (her) and quick witted (you). I only started reading your blog this weekend and was worried that you had lost your job, for a second. Although, I never for a moment thought that you might not be able to handle to get your shoes laced up! This will be an interesting holiday season, maybe she will get a job close by! thanks for making me laugh

Mustang Sally said...

Albeit I was late, as I commented on your last post I want that job!

I'm surprised too, that she's back so soon. Eagerly awaiting the details.

o0crystal0o said...

omg, im so sorry you lost your job!! best wishes on the job hunt :)~

i missed the whole bit about her
quitting, guess i better get caught up!

good luck with the holiday idiots, ive noticed the parking lots turning into even more of a CF than normal! HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

The Reckmonster said...

Even though you've already been bombarded with "WTH happened?!!!" comments/questions - I'm just going to add to it, and you can feel free to tell me to be patient too. All I can say is, "Dammit! Enquiring Minds want to know!"

Mrs Midnite said...

Well I'm pleased we didn't hear about her battered body being found. Stupid girl. I hope she keeps in touch she makes me feel like my life is going well.

ChiTown Girl said...

Wow, I'd knew she'd be back, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. She is truly clueless, isn't she? Can't wait to hear the details.

Sarahf said...

Aw, I kinda feel sorry for her. I can't wait to hear the next chapter.

Unknown said...

I read it all! Quiz me! :) That lady must be quite desperate, I would imagine. She's hanging on to hope that THIS TIME, he's the one. I'm glad you stopped by my blog for some Captcha Balderdash the other day so that I could come back to yours! I will be following you (ooooOOOOoooo...just kidding) & I will be back!

KenBocala said...

Wow, that was quick. Two weeks huh? Ah well, she deserved it. *insert evil laugh here*

Anita said...

I haven't been able to follow along with this particular soap opera, but nevertheless, it is entertaining as I try to piece it together. I got a few laughs anyway. :)

Lainy said...

That was a sad and sobbing story. We all will miss her since the company wasn't fooled to having her back in between sobs, LOL!

LAINY
www.lainyonline.com
www.scottzprincess.net
www.dfoolonthehill.com