Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Going To Make The Best Out Of Working Black Friday

As some of you know I'm less than thrilled with working on Black Friday. Not the work itself, but the fact that I'll be getting up at 3:30 am to cater to shoppers who should still be in bed themselves.

But I'm going to make the best of it.

I'm actually going to pass on a little Christmas cheer as well.

Because, as you all know, Christmas is all about giving. Pictured below is a twenty dollar bill. I'm going to strategically place these throughout the mall for people to find. (Along with some ten and fifty dollar bills.)

I'm going to bask in the happiness of the lucky shoppers who will discover these bills as they stampede through the mall in search of getting their loved ones the perfect gift.

I can see the smiles I'm going to be bringing to about 15 lucky people who find these bills.




Of course there's a catch. As you stroll through this post you'll see for yourselves.



As they bend over to pick up these bills thinking how lucky they are they're bound to flip it over to see:






But they all will hear a voice say "Merry Christmas, and please dispose of them properly."

(Well, some of them will, if I'm not busy helping the customers stampeding through our store as these are discovered.)

22 comments:

kimmyschemy said...

oh! that was FUN!

Just Plain Tired said...

simply kim -- I'm shooting for a little fun anyway. ;)

Dazee Dreamer said...

oh, I wish I could be in your store watching this all happen.

Charlene said...

Such a voyeur you are!

Just Plain Tired said...

Dazee Dreamer -- I'll be lucky to see more than a couple of them to tell the truth. We're probably going to be too busy for seeing the results.

Charlene -- And that's a bad thing? ;)

Silvergirl said...

wow this is fun! I cant imagine some reaction :P

Just Plain Tired said...

Silvergirl -- I've done this before, just not on a busy day like Black Friday. It's funny to see people looking around for a camera. ;)

Sarahf said...

You're bad! But oh so funny. Wish I could see the reactions.

Sara Strand said...

I'll be up at 1:30 and shopping by 3. *bleary eyed and trying to tell myself it's worth it*

The Reckmonster said...

Snicker Snicker! That just plain rocks. =) If it makes you feel any better, I'll be working too. But at my normal time, and it will be a pretty slow day because most of the people who would normally come to where I work will be too busy shopping and pestering poor saps like you who had to get up at the butt crack of dawn. Oh wait, looks like that wouldn't make you feel any better...sorry, I tried. tee hee hee

BeMistified said...

Haha totally awesome! I will be one of the smart ones, and not wake up before the sun comes up and before the moon has time to hide.

gaijinwife said...

and here I was thinking you were going to glue them to the floor. Guess that might be a big dangerous with stampeding crowds though.

JustRex said...

And here I was thinking about glue as well. I wonder... if you glued those down all over the mall floor and shellacked them down permanently, how many people would get killed every year trying to pick them up? And would that be a bad thing? Just weeding out the gullible here...

ChiTown Girl said...

First of all, that's just mean.

Second, I've been up for a few hours, watching various news reports, featuring footage of the lunatics out shopping, shoving, pushing, charging, etc. It's been making me feel bad for you. I hope you're day hasn't been too horrible so far. I bet you'll have a few hilarious stories for us tomorrow. At least I hope so!

Jackie said...

Been there...done that and it sucks...good luck!!
Jackie:-)

Sparkling Red said...

Hooo boy. That's a long day. Did you survive? I hope so.

Anonymous said...

Cheers, JPT, the day from hell is over. Only 27 more til Christmas, then 2 weeks of returns... sigh. You, sir, may just qualify as a saint.

Sandra said...

Well you've already had the Black Friday so you are probably in bed fast asleep or soaking your feet, but tying a string to the bill and pulling it away as the people went to pick it up could have been fun too. All in the name of messing with people's minds.

Jane said...

Hillarious!

Jane

Mustang Sally said...

Hope you survived Black Friday. I stayed as far away from all stores and malls as possible ... which is to say I didn't leave my house on Friday ;)

jeanlivingsimple said...

Thanks for reminding how happy I am to no long work in retail!:)

tattytiara said...

I didn't know people shopping in malls noticed anything. Ever. At all.